Sited next to Yeni Mosque at Eminönü, Spice Market was commissioned to Architect Kasım Ağa by Valide Turhan Sultan at 1660. Spices which were brought from Egypt were distributed from this market back then. That’s why it is also known as Egyptian Bazaar. In the bazaar, it is possible to find spices from all over Türkiye and the world, including giftware. Upon entrance, the visitors are struck by the aroma of a variety of spices.