Intangible Cultural Heritage
In accordance with the UNESCO Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage each State Party shall draw up, in a manner geared to its own situation, inventories of the intangible cultural heritage present in its territory. These inventories shall be regularly updated. Türkiye has two types of national inventory. These are:
1. Living Human Treasures National Inventory
2. Intangible Cultural Heritage National Inventory
City inventories constitute the foundation of Intangible Cultural Heritage National Inventories. Inventory activities in our city is are conducted under the coordination of provincial directorate.
Procedural steps regarding the inventory are;
1. City Inscription Committee is setup with participation of related institution/organization, research center/institute, NGO representatives, experts and in necessary situations conveyors of intangible cultural heritage.
2. This committee relegates the intangible cultural heritage properties and living human treasure candidacy recommendations to the General Directorate of Research and Training periodically twice a year with the required inscription.
3. General Directorate of Research and Training evaluates the data arriving from the cities at the Experts Commission comprised of related institution/organization, research center/institute, NGO representatives, experts and in necessary situations conveyors of intangible cultural heritage, identifies the elements to be included in the inventory and submits for approval of the office.
4. Elements which are decided to be included are recorded to the inventory system and shared with the public through the website of the General Directorate.